Hunter Valley Operations coal mine | Wood Mackenzie

Hunter Valley Operations is a large scale thermal and semi-soft coking coal producing mine in the Hunter Valley of New South Wales, located approximately 24 kilometres north west of Singleton. The Hunter River divides the operation into two distinct areas: HVO North and HVO South.

Hunter Valley Archives - Australian Mining

Australian Pacific Coal and Stella Natural Resources (SNR) will become equal joint venture (JV) partners on the Dartbrook coal project in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales.

NSW urged to ban new coal mines in the Hunter Valley on ...

The Hunter Valley is now home to two thirds of NSW's coal production, with 31 coal mines and five coal-fired power stations pumping out an estimated 145m tonnes of carbon dioxide a year.

Hunter Valley Coal Chain Coordinator (HVCCC) - Welcome

OUR VISION To create a world Class Logistics Supply Chain Business Model for Hunter Valley Coal. OUR MISSION To plan and co-ordinate the co-operative daily operation and long term capacity of the Hunter Valley Coal Chain.

Hunter Valley Coal Heritage - geomaps.com.au

Hunter Valley Coal Heritage. Latitude -32.925981, Longitude 151.784931. Located in the Hunter Region of NSW, nearest large town Newcastle. Source: Geology and Coal Mining in the Hunter Valley 1791-1861 by D.F.Branagan

Hunter Valley - Mining Atlas

The Hunter Valley Complex, more commonly referred to as the Hunter Valley Operations (HVO), is situated in the coal rich Hunter Valley region of New South Wales, 24 …

Coal and health in the Hunter: Lessons from one valley for ...

Coal and health in the Hunter: Lessons from one valley for the world. ... Coal operations in the Hunter Valley 10 3.1 Coal mining 11 3.2 Transport 12 3.3 Combustion for electricity 12 ... associated with Hunter Valley coal, outlined in the tables below. 3 1. Executive summary.

Coal and health in the Hunter: Lessons from one valley for ...

3. Coal operations in the Hunter Valley 10 3.1 Coal mining 11 3.2 Transport 12 3.3 Combustion for electricity 12 3.4 Coal waste 12 4. Health impacts of coal in the Hunter Valley and beyond 14 4.1 Pollution – air, noise and water 15 4.2 Stress – mental, physical, social 26 4.3 Work health and safety 28 4.4 Global warming 29 5.

New South Wales: Hunter Valley coal mines - Lock the Gate

The Hunter Valley is a rich and unique agricultural area, with diverse industries, a magnificent river system and endangered woodlands- b ut all that is at risk from coal mining.

Coal mining in the Hunter Valley, New South Wales, Australia

Mines were established in Cessnock and surrounding Maitland, and now operate throughout the Hunter Valley. Change and the Coal Industry The coal mining industry has been the source of economic, industrial and community growth throughout the Hunter Valley.

Glencore hints at more Hunter Valley coal mine closures

Glencore's Australian coal boss Peter Freyberg has hinted that more of its Hunter Valley coal mines could close amid weak prices, and has taken a swipe at the notion of taxpayer support for new ...

Hunter Valley coal mining: Miners dig in deep in new fight ...

The proposed site for the Drayton South underground coal mine adjacent to the Godolphin and Coolmore studs in the Hunter Valley. Malabar plans to use the existing wash and load facilities at the ...

Minimising particulate pollution at coal mines

A total of 9 coal mines were audited (7 in the Hunter Valley and 1 each in the Gunnedah and Western coal fields). Download the audit report: Environmental compliance and performance report - Management of dust from coal mines (PDF 1.2 )

NSW Mining - Mines in NSW - NSW Mining

Mines in NSW While only 0.1% of NSW is used for mining, our mines are located right across the state, and our miners support a variety of groups and services, including services to improve health, safety and education, in their local communities.

BHP | Minerals Australia

New South Wales Energy Coal consists of the Mt Arthur Coal open-cut energy coal mine in the Hunter Valley region of New South Wales, Australia. The site produces coal for domestic and international customers in the energy sector.

Port Waratah Coal Services - The Coal Chain

Spanning over 450km the Hunter Valley Coal Chain is made up of coal producers (or mines), rail haulage providers, the Australian Rail Track Corporation (ARTC), three export terminals, port managers and the Hunter Valley Coal Chain Coordinator.

Hunter coal towns disappearing | Newcastle Herald

WORRIED: Wendy Bowman, resident of Camberwell, has long been concerned about the health and other effects of coal mines in her area. ... the upper Hunter Valley floor.

Essential Accurate Report | Hunter Valley Coal Report

The Hunter Valley Coal Report has been servicing the domestic and international coal mining communities for over twenty five years, keeping readers in touch with the events which effect them directly: Mine expansions, new developments, production statistics, contract …

Rio Tinto's Hunter Valley coal operations sold to China's ...

The Hunter Valley Operations and the Mount Thorley Warworth mines produced just under 26 million tonnes in 2016, compared to the 16 million tonnes of coal produced in Australia by Yancoal last year.

Mining and the Hunter Valley - NSW Mining | The official ...

Mining and the Hunter Valley The Hunter The Hunter is home to more than 630,000 people living in a mix of urban centres and rural communities.1 The region is home to a diverse economy with significant industries including coal mining and power generation, viticulture, agriculture, thoroughbred horse breeding and tourism.

Hunter Region - Wikipedia

The Hunter Region, also commonly known as the Hunter Valley, is a region of New South Wales, Australia, extending from approximately 120 km (75 mi) to 310 km (193 mi) north of Sydney. It contains the Hunter River and its tributaries with highland areas to the north and south. [1]

Geological Setting of Australasian Coal Deposits

Geological Setting of Australasian Coal Deposits Abstract Coal was discovered in Australia in 1791 by William Bryant, a convict, near the mouth of the Hunter River at

Hunter Valley Operations - Yancoal

The Hunter Valley No. 1 mine began production in 1979. In 2000 Coal & Allied merged the Howick and Hunter Valley mines to create HVO. The Lemington mine, which began production in 1971, was acquired and merged into HVO in 2001.

HUNTER VALLEY COAL REPORT

22 February 2018 Hunter Valley Coal Report No 07/18 2 Whitehaven Coal reports record half year 2017 profit of $257 million Whitehaven Coal Limited has reported a net profit after tax of $257.2 million for the half year ended 31

Mine Map - Australian Mining

Established in 1908, Australian Mining continues to lead and inform the Australian mining industry of the latest innovations in mining technology and equipment.

Hunter coal industry history, looking at the archives ...

The Hunter has a rich mining history. Scroll back in time and take a look at the old coal mines, miners and machinery which shaped the Hunter's future.

Mining Jobs in Hunter Valley NSW (with Salaries) | Indeed.com

Mining jobs in Hunter Valley NSW Filter results by: Sort by: relevance - date. Distance ... Proven background in underground coal mining (preferably Longwall) and demonstrated machinery knowledge. Reporting to the Mining Business Manager, ... Hunter Valley NSW.

Hunter Valley Austar coal mine to shut down with 200 jobs ...

The future of a Hunter Valley underground coal mine is in doubt after Yancoal announced more than 200 employees are to be stood down or re-deployed. The Austar-run mine at …